The crochet bug has bitten. I started mucking about with various granny square variations (like I usually do) but decided I wanted a project.....so after a search I found this wonderful blog and this pattern for a bag http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/crochet-bag.html
I this realised it was posted on Ravelry and there were conpleted projects for me to browse too.
After just 1 day I completed my bag. I decided to turn it into an across the shoulder style.
After a bit of thought I decided to line it. I added 2 internal pockets and after firing up the sewing machine I ended up with this.
All I need to do know is find some sort of magnetic clasp and it can be used.
I'm considering making another one but this time after crochetting to the required size I'll continue to crochet half the row to form a flap over.... wathc this space...
After the success of the bag I checked out Lucy's other designs and fell in love with her ripple pattern. I had a look on Ravelry to see what others had made and loved the blending of the colours in this blanket http://www.ravelry.com/projects/KnitKnatKnotUK/neat-ripple-pattern I intend to use a mix of my stash and buy the colours I don't have. I'm going to try to keep the cost down by using DK acrylic yarn. I have a couple of shops locally that sell different brands at about £1.50 a ball.
I've made the width big enough to fit across a king size bed and I will cycle through the colours of the rainbow before repeating the colours....so after green I'll start on yellow. Oh....I don't have any yellow wool....It looks like I'll have to buy some...what a pity :D