Monday 12 September 2011

Magpie Monday

It's been one of those weeks where it seems someone has been in and nabbed all the good stuff before you. I have been in and out of charity shops more times than a fiddlers elbow. I didn't even make it to the bootsale because of torrential rain. I tell you it's enough to make a girl cry. However.......
God bless the auction!
I found this wonderful little box a goodies and got it at a knockdown price of £12. I honestly expected to pay at least double for it.

All nicely laid out......

The odd looking object at the back is a silk purse that has seen better days. I reall have no idea what I'm going to do with them but they were so pretty......

Item 2 I bought for Nicky (actually I bought the pill boxes for her too but I'm sure she can share!) It's an original publication (advertising booklet) from the 1960's for Carnaby Street and cost a whopping £15. A bit more than I was happy with but Nicky is over the moon. She's going to frame it.

Although I said I got nowt from the charity shops I did eventually find this picture for £3

It'll join my husbands nautical wall.

Last but not least is this material i got for £2....

There is tons of it. I'm intending to make a bag (eventually) and maybe have a go at freehand machine embroidery or beadwork. I have buckets of beads so that's the favourite plan so far.


Update on the cardigan from hell...... 24 cm done....22 cm until the underarm dec....arghhhhh


Linking with Magpie Monday over at Me and my shadow
Me and My Shadow






2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I cannot get my head around all those compacts and dressing table pretties for only £12 :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue.

    Not sure if you were pulling my plonker with your comment, but the valet stand did have the name 'Sue' on it :-0

    Erm, anyway, great auction lot. Those compacts and pots look beautiful, especially as you have enough to do a big grouping - if your friend shares!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete