Saturday 25 January 2014

Change for the better


First blog post of the new year so I suppose I should recap on 2013.

2013 was a bit of a wakeup call for me. After hubby had his heart attack in 2012 we concentrated on him and his health so to realise that my own health was suffering was a bit of a blow.
I have always been a 'big girl' but my health has been fine. Blood pressure and all tests were normal. As I've gotten older my weight has increased drastically and with it my health has declined. My knees were grinding when I went up and down stairs. My hips would hurt when I woke up in the morning because of the weight stresses on them and more frightening was the very regular prolonged heart palpitations and chest pain I was getting.
In May 2013 I decided enough was enough. I was only in my early 40's and I felt like I was in my 80's. I knew if I didn't lose weight soon I was probably going to die in the not-to-distant future. I spoke to my youngest daughter and she wanted to support me in any way she could so we joined Slimming World.
I have to admit I find the new Slimming World plan incredibly easy to follow and stick to. The weight is coming off and as of todays date both myself and my daughter have lost just over 3 stone each. I'm so proud of her (and me!) She looks fantastic. My eldest daughter  decided to join in the fun and she has so far also lost over 3 stone as well!  My weight loss is beginning to show and I've gone down 3 dress sizes. My weight loss journey has a very long way to go yet but I'm so determined to get there. My goals are small, but obtainable. I want to lose another 3 stone this year (hopefully more but I'm not setting myself up to fail) DD will be at goal before the end of the year. Another incentive (as if I need any more) is that I've just be diagnosed with Gall stones and will need an op. I've been told I cant have one until I lose more weight. As it's unbelievably painful I might need to up my game plan!

I also concentrated on my crafting last year and plan to continue. My job can really stress me out so this is my de-stress time.
Here's a few picture highlights from 2013....

Feb 2013. DD won hubby and I a 5* weekend away to Jersey for our anniversary. This is a view from the hotel window.


March 2013: Eltham Palace



Amethyst and Copper tree of life pendant. made in Spring 2013


June 2013: DD and I went to visit Bristol, Bath and Cheddar Gorge.



0 comments:

Post a Comment