Tuesday 2 October 2012

Tuesdays Tallies and 2 scarf da-dahs


Another week gone! I didn't even have time for a blog post. What on Earth was I doing?
Not much.

I actually managed to go out on a date with my husband last week. It doesn't sound too out of the ordinary but trust me, it is. The last time we went out anywhere (that wasn't a holiday) was about 2 years ago. We decided to go to the cinema to see the Sweeny (his choice) and ending up in the local Wetherspoons for an evening meal. Nothing special but very enjoyable.

On the crochet front I've got a few ta-dahs.
I finished both scarves I was making last week and both have been used too.
N. loves hers and she has kindly agreed to model it (somewhat of a miracle)



Here's mine and NO. I'm not going to model it :) I was going to write up the pattern.... not done that either. Maybe later in the week.


A couple of weeks ago I made an octopus for my Eldest daughter, E. She went back to Manchester taking it with her. I now seem to have orders for a whole load of them in different colours from her fiance, his sister and her boyfriend. This one is ready to be posted off later this week. I've been promised regular updates of his adventures :D


Not too much progress on the Realta blanket I'm afraid. I finished another 2 octagons. Here it is laid on the dining room floor with me trying to place the finished octagons. N helped me after listening to me whimper for 15 minutes because I couldn't make a decision. I need to make 5 squares so I can attach them to the main blanket.



I bought myself a lovely vintage wicker basket from ebay to keep the blanket in. It's from the 1950's and looks so much nicer than leaving a carrier bag about the place.



My target for the week is to try NOT to starts anything else and concentrate on the blanket.
Lets see if I can do it :)

Please don't forget to check out all the other lovely "One a Day" projects via Gingerbread Girl's blog.

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'd love to have a basket like this. *sigh* but with a toddler around who loves to play with yarn there is no chance. So it is boxes and zipper bags for now...
    Really love how your blankie looks. Would love to make my own, but like you my target is not to start anything new (at least until one WIP is finished ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice scarves and octopus too. Octagon squares look real nice. Love that basket, I also keep starting other things OR go back to things I have not touched in MONTHS lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarves are beautiful but I especially love the one you are 'modeling'. What beautiful autumn shades!

    I keep my project in a basket too. I want to line mine so the yarn does not snag. Still have to do that. I just adore the pattern you are using for your blanket.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baskets and yarn.. what a lovely combination it is! Here I keep mine in there too. (no little ones to mix the yarns!)
    Your sjawls are beautiful, the patterns and the colours are great. Do I feel another project coming on? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scarves - isn't it a bit worrying that it's cold enough already to wear them! Think I maybe need to get one - or two - made ready for the real cold weather!
    Love your basket too - I keep my current project in a beautiful basket that Karen of Henrys shed bought and lined for me, trouble is I seem to have so many 'current' projects I could do with several more baskets!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goal, one i should have but should be extended to Jan 2014, yes i have that many wips to keep me busy

    i've got a ripple scraf on the go too and could do with working on it now the weather is going chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous octagons, two is better than none, your scarves are fab, finished just in time for the cold weather. I love, love love your basket !!!!!
    Thank you for the advice, need to have a good think. Have a good week. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your scarves Sue! Especially like your one, that yarn is a gorgeous colour and a very pretty pattern! Beautiful basket too, I've had to stop myself buying anymore as I have quite a few! :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scarves, the white one looks especially cozy :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely scarves, and I'm very envious of your basket, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo lovely scarves mum! :) obv the octopus is amazing!!! I'm tempted to keep him as a friend for Stanley!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your scarfs and the squares for the blanket too. How did you connect the octagons? It looks really lovely!
    Greetings from Germany. Sabine.

    ReplyDelete